Today was a rough day. Glenn had his meeting with the school system today to find out what he was eligible for as far as therapy and pre-K. I got more than I bargained for. He's going to be in pre-K every day during the week. I thought it would be 2, maybe 3 days, but not 5. It's going to be a really big adjustment. He'll be there from 8:20 to 1:00. I'm excited that he'll be in a pre-K class with both kids with developmental delays and kids without delays. He'll also be pulled out of class twice a week for speech and twice a week for occupational therapy. I was pleased that he was eligible for both. He's going to be at school for both breakfast and lunch. It's going to be pretty lonely at home without him (even though Bob works at home). Bob suggested I find some things to do. I think I'll go to the gym (don't worry, I won't work out too hard, I know I'm pregnant). Plus, I need to study for the public health certification exam I'm taking in August (I just got the study guide and I have a lot to learn). But next fall won't be a problem since I'll be taking care of the baby. We could have started tomorrow, but I opted to wait until Tuesday (Monday's a holiday), because I was in shock that he was going to be at school so much of the week.
He's also going to be taking a bus to school. They have a little bus with seatbelts and an assistant. He'll just be riding with his classmates. And two of the pre-K classroom assistants will meet them off the bus and bring them to the classroom. We'll see how it goes and we can always change our minds and I could drive him to school. I was there today during the end of school and it was pretty crazy. The bus side seemed the most organized. Of course pre-K gets out before the older kids, but they get to school at the same time.
I'm bringing Glenn tomorrow to register him, and the teacher said we could stop by her class so we can check it out. That'll make me feel better to see it, and it'll be good for Glenn to see it with me so that he recognizes it next week.
So, as you can tell, I'm having a hard time. I wasn't supposed to go through this until he went to Kindergarden, which isn't for another year and a half.
No comments:
Post a Comment