I have been hired by Kaplan University to teach online health sciences courses at the undergraduate college level. I finished my training and am just waiting for them to assign me a course to teach.
Glenn has finished preschool! He’s actually in summer school for about 6 weeks, 3 days a week. But that’s just because he’s doing so well, they wanted to make sure he retained what he learned during the school year and set him up for success for kindergarten. He started today and is riding the bus to and from school since it’s further away than his usual school. He was so excited about going on the bus this morning. Hopefully he feels the same way after a couple of weeks because he’s on the bus for almost an hour both ways.
Last week, we stayed in Orlando so that we could see Bob every day. We had a fun weekend with him, and then he went to work every day, and drove back every night (about an hour and a half commute). Glenn even went to work with him on Friday. Apparently he had a lot of fun with the paper hole puncher! The boys and I went to Sea World a couple of mornings. It was too hot and we got too tired to stay longer than that. We went to the whale and dolphin show both days because Glenn loved it (I was impressed, too) and Glenn’s afraid of Elmo (the other show in the mornings). Otherwise, we didn’t do a whole lot because the boys and I had summer colds. I even lost my voice completely for a whole day. The boys thought it was funny, and it was difficult getting their attention since they couldn’t hear me. We did get in some fun pool time. There were a lot of pools to choose from where we stayed. And they had a fun nature walk where we saw birds, a snake and raccoon.
On Sunday, we went to the beach for Father’s Day. It was a beautiful beach day. This is our first real trip to the beach this year (the other time was just to take pictures in the early evening and then we left). Our friends have introduced us to a more private beach that is great for shell hunting. We even found a starfish, but threw it back in the water because it was still alive.
We’re looking forward to my parents coming down next week. They’ll be staying the summer in their future snow bird house, which is around the corner from us. We’re also looking forward to many more trips to the beach and pool. We’ve been enjoying lots of cucumbers from our garden and my parents’ garden. We’ve also had some strawberries, squash, peas, and green beans. I also have a very nice herb garden and love cooking with fresh herbs. We have more veggies that aren’t quite ready yet to harvest, but look forward to eating them, too.
When I wrote this in the morning, I was being attacked by a horse as I sat on the floor of the play room. Alexander was tapping me on the shoulder with his horse on a stick (sounds weird, but you know what I mean). He’s so goofy.
Alexander wearing his daddy's boots

Glenn was awarded the "friendliest student" by his class. He also was given a friendship award and reading award.
No comments:
Post a Comment