Glenn is really into a charity fund raiser they have at school. Next month, he will be jumping rope for the American Heart Association. Last year, the school won a trophy for being the biggest fund raiser in the county. So, they are trying to get the kids to try to keep it again this year. When I told Glenn that I hadn't set up the web site yet to raise funds, he said, "But we need to fill up the trophy!" And when I did set up the web site, he saw that it showed he hasn't raised anything, yet. So, he said, "But I want to be a heart hero!" They watched a video about kids with heart problems and it really touched him. I remember last year after the earth quake in Haiti, he saw a news story where a kid was trying to get everyone to donate shoes for kids there. Glenn said that the kids didn't have any shoes and he wanted to donate his shoes. So, we went into his closet and donated all his old shoes. He's really a sweet boy, he always wants to help others.
If you feel so inclined, here is a link to his web site to donate to the American Heart Association.
Donate to American Heart Association
Glenn thanks you!
No comments:
Post a Comment