Saturday, March 17, 2012

Alexander and Glenn's Accomplishments

First, let's start with Glenn since I forgot to mention something last post. For the month of February, he was the student of the month in his class. You may remember that he was student of the month ever year at his old school for being caring. Well, that was the trait they were acknowledging in February. It's good to know that he shows this trait in the classroom! We're very proud of him.

Glenn had been having difficulty with his spelling tests. Come to find out, they are at the end of the day, so that may have been part of it (no one wants to think at the end of the day!). Well, we have been practicing the words playing a game, and he got a 100%! We celebrated by going out to get frozen yogurt. I haven't found out what he got this past week, but I'm sure he did well.

And Glenn's third accomplishment to mention is that he lost a tooth today. He was eating apples and carrots all day trying to get it out and it happened this afternoon. We had a bit of a fiasco tonight when he went to bed and couldn't remember where he put his tooth (I had put it in a ziplock bag on his desk, but he decided to play with it). Bob finally found it in Alexander's room (don't ask) and Glenn put it under his pillow. Then he told his dad, "No music in my room tonight. It might make the tooth fairy dance!" I was laughing so hard when Bob told me what Glenn said. We wouldn't want the tooth fairy to dance (not sure why)!

Alexander's school had their spring program this week. In the pictures below, all the kids are three or four years old. We have been practicing the songs and hand motions for weeks. He did awesome! He did almost fall off the stands a couple times, but caught himself. The first picture below is from "Row, row, row your boat." During the part that begins, "Merrily, merrily, merrily..." they put their hands on their cheeks like this. It was cute. I can't remember the song that the second picture was fun. But he knew all the words to the songs and the hand motions.

 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: