Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Doesn't like cereal?

What normal child does not like cereal? Well, I don't know if Glenn is "normal" or not, but he doesn't like cereal! He loves to say cereal and sign it. But we've been going through a different type of cereal (or 2) each week trying to find one he likes. He used to love Cheerios, but he tried Mommy's cereal once and that ruined it for him (I think it was Basic4 and he ate everything but the flakes). Now, every morning, we'll try putting a little cereal in a cup for him to have with his milk when he first gets up. And then it either ends up being dumped on the table so he can sort through it and pick out what he wants, or we hear it being dumped into the sink. The funny thing is he will dump the cereal into the left side of the sink and then put the cup in the right side. I never taught him that, but he always puts the food in the left side. Then on Monday this week, he was rummaging through the pantry (I need to get a lock for that door) looking for a snack. I must have been doing my hair because I didn't hear what he did. But I went to help him look for a snack a little latter and found the Life cereal box on the floor of the pantry completely empty. I asked Glenn where the bag of cereal was, and he brought me to the sink. He had dumped the entire bag of cereal into the left side of the sink and the empty bag was in the right side of the sink. I couldn't believe he had wasted a whole box of cereal. All Bob could say (between chuckles) is, "I guess he didn't like that cereal."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just re-read this with Matt. What a funny story! Thanks for sharing it.

Love,
Beth & Matt