Sunday, January 13, 2008

Not much new going on. I just wanted to post that we're doing great. Glenn and I have been getting involved in more activities with the mom's group in the community. So, he's really getting to know some of the kids well (and I'm getting to know some of the moms well, too). Bob's doing some traveling this month, just to PA. And we're going up to CT the end of the month to celebrate Glenn's b-day. It will be our first time back since we moved (well, except for Bob, who had to go back for a week for work). Then we won't be going back up until after the baby is born.

I've been feeling well. My red blood cell count has been doing really well. I haven't needed a Procrit shot for a month. But my uric acid has crept up (that can cause kidney stones and gout). So, I'm going to see a nutritionist to work out what I need to do as far as diet. It's been difficult trying to eat enough protein for the baby, but keep it down so my uric acid stays down. Obviously I'm not doing it well. But I may not be able to control it by diet alone anyway. I don't think I can be on any drugs to control it while pregnant. All my other numbers that indicate kidney function are the best they've been since they've been tracking them when Glenn was born. So, that's fantastic news. I'm also less nauseous- FINALLY! I thought it's never end.

Well, my little boy doesn't want to go to bed, so I'm off to tuck him back in. Everyone in CT- Enjoy all the snow you're getting in the next 24 hours. Be safe.

No comments: