Friday, April 25, 2008

Poor Glenn got kicked in the mouth this morning at school. We got a call that they were rolling around on the floor and someone's foot struck his mouth accidently. He would have been fine to stay at school, but when there's a good amount of blood, they require the parent to come check on the child. It just bled a lot because it was the inside of his lip that split open. He'll be fine. I asked him if he wanted to stay at school or go home, and he started tearing up, so we just decided to bring him home. He had a rough morning. First he rubbed sun block in his eyes so I had to flush them out (he actually liked that and wanted me to continue doing it). Then I made him give me his sunglasses when we got to school. That didn't go over well and apparently he was so upset about it that he hardly ate his snack. Then after getting kicked in the mouth, I figured he just needed to go home- he'd had enough.

On the lighter side, I have a funny story about Bob. The other night he took a sleeping pill. He sometimes gets a little silly when he takes those. At one point when I was trying to fall asleep, he looked in my direction and said, "It's all pink over there." I asked him what he meant and he said, "you know, pinky." I attributed it to the meds, and then about a minute later, under his breath, he said, "Girl power." It was so funny. He had no recolection of it in the morning.

No comments: