Monday, February 9, 2009

Alex broke through 3 new teeth over night. He was very close yesterday, but there was still a thin layer of gums over the teeth. But all 3, which are on top, are definitely through today. That would explain why he was so upset at 3:30 this morning. So, gone is his gummy smile. I took a bunch of pictures of his gummy smile last week because I knew he would have teeth soon.

Glenn had a hard time at the playground this weekend. We were at a playground we don't usually go to, so we didn't know the girls that were playing there. They were probably 3 years old. Glenn thought one of the girls needed help up the slide, so he held her hand. She didn't like it and I told him to let her go, which he did. Then he kept saying hi them, but they didn't want anything to do with him. So, he played by himself, which was fine with him. Then one of the girls started chanting something like, "Stay away from me!" and "Don't play with me!" She did this continuously for several minutes. I thought it was strange her mother didn't say anything. We should have just left the playground when she didn't stop because Glenn suddenly ran to us sobbing. At first I thought he was physically hurt. But he was emotionally hurt. He couldn't stop crying because his feelings were so hurt. It broke my heart. He's such a sensitive soul. This happened Saturday, and he still was talking about it this morning. He asked, "Glenn fun?" So, I had to assure him that yes, Glenn is fun. And then he talked about how he rode his bike to the playground and he cried and how Glenn is fun. This is the first time that I've really seen his feelings hurt by someone's words. I'm sure it won't be the last time.

Most of you know that Daisy is not one of my favorite beings on this planet. I didn't like her after Glenn was born, but she warmed back up to me, eventually. Ever since Alex was born, I haven't been able to stand her. She'll stand in the furthest part of the back yard and bark at me, not willing to come inside. Not only does her barking bother me, but I'm sure it bothers the neighbors, which makes me even more upset when she barks. She also barks inside the house whenever someone is in the cul-de-sac. I think she thinks she owns it. She'll even bark at us when we go get the mail. So, Bob went out to get a bark collar for her this weekend. When she barks, she hears a high pitched beep. That's a warning for her. If she continues to bark, she gets zapped. We've had a couple of yelps when she didn't stop barking (apparently the zaps get stronger as she continues to bark). But now she's great. If she forgets and lets out a bark, she stops as soon as she hears the high pitched beep. It's only been a day and a half, but it's been so wonderful. I feel like I might like her again some day. She didn't want to come out of her cage yesterday morning because she knew we were going to put the collar on her. But she was fine with it today.

No comments: