We went to Disney over the weekend for Glenn's birthday. They have a promotion this year that you get in free on your b-day. But since we already have season passes, we got a gift card with the amount of a one day pass on it to buy merchandise- $63! Glenn's favorite things he got were pops (lollipops) and a pretty good sized Pluto (he's very soft). We had a very nice time. It was very busy on Saturday- I think a lot of people who were down for the Super Bowl in Tampa came to Disney on Saturday. But we were able to get Glenn on some of his favorite rides. He also tried Crash Test for the first time, but once was enough- it was a bit scary when they were going to do the "barrier test" (the doors open just before you go out on the fast track). He wasn't upset, just didn't want to do it again. He went on Thunder Mountain Railroad several times (the roller coaster)- he's such a big boy. Saturday night, we got a seat right on the side of the road in front of the castle. While we were waiting for the Spectromagic light parade, they had a show on the steps on the castle. Alex was not happy about that because it was too loud and he was trying to sleep. So, I sat down and rocked him while he cried for most of it. Glenn loved it and loved the parade, although he doesn't react to the parade as much as he used to. Are we over doing it and losing the magic? Who cares, he still loves going there. Sunday was not as busy and Glenn was able to go on rides several times in a row, switching parents in between turns. We were all exhausted on the way home and we made it home in time for the Super Bowl (however we didn't watch much, as we were getting ready for the week). Here are some pictures from our trip. Unfortunately, there aren't any of Alex. He was just sitting in the stroller most of the time, or rather trying to get out of it. When we'd recline his seat so he could sleep, he'd refuse to lay down and kept sitting up. His back is so strong!
I bought some baby food for Alex instead of bringing on our trip what I make him. Go figure he likes the jarred baby food more than what I make. I think my food processor can't get it as smooth as what you can buy. So, I guess I'll be buying food until he likes mine. Below is the face Alex makes when I'm trying to feed him- no chance of getting a spoon in when his lips are that tight:

Is Alex crawling?

Okay, so he's not crawling, and I did stage that shot. But he really can get up on his knees like that all by himself. I caught him practicing it today, but couldn't get a picture of it in time. However, if I prop him up, he can stay that way for a bit- he's getting so strong. He'll be crawling soon, I bet. He can get around. If there's something at his feet that he wants, he can spin around on his tummy pretty quickly. And otherwise, he rolls to where he wants to go, but still not too far, and it's not a constant roll. He rolls from one side to the other and pauses before he'll roll again.
I broke a tooth this weekend. We bought some caramel popcorn for on the way home, and I thought I had a kernel that didn't pop in my mouth. Turns out it was a piece of tooth. I went to the dentist this morning and not only did I break of a good chunk, but I have another crack in it. So, tomorrow I have to get my tooth prepped for a crown. I'm so not happy about that. We didn't upgrade our dental plan to cover crowns because the cost of upgrading is about the same as the cost of a crown. Well, Bob probably will need a crown, too, from a tooth he broke a few weeks ago (he still hasn't gone to the dentist). There goes our tax return!
No comments:
Post a Comment