Sunday, July 5, 2009

Alexander's Birthday Party

We have begun celebrating Alexander's birthday, which isn't until Wednesday. Before my parents left last week, he got to open a present. Of course he was more interested in the wrapping paper (his shirt is all wet because he just had a bottle and spit most of it out- that's another story).
Photobucket

We celebrated his birthday just as a family today since Bob will be away on Wednesday for his actual birthday. He loved his cake, diving right in without a second thought. He didn't make any more of a mess than he does at dinner; I was impressed. He loved having us sing Happy Birthday to him. And he was quite the ham for the camera. The cake is blue, even though it doesn't look like it in the picture. And it has a crown in the middle, because he's our little prince.
Photobucket
A's 1st B-day
The cake was good!
Photobucket
Glenn helped Alexander open presents, and play with them (of course)
Photobucket
Photobucket

We're having a little party with a few of my friends and their children this week to have cupcakes and play. And then we'll have a couple of family parties for him when we go to CT later this month.

Bob had Friday off, so we went to St. Augustine. We spent an hour and a half at the beach, and then I got tired of chasing Alexander around and keeping him from eating sand. So we got lunch and went to the Castillo de San Marcos, which is a fort that the Spanish used to protect St. Augustine from the British. It was very cool, and unfortunately I forgot my camera. The views of the bay from the top of the fort were beautiful. But then thunder started to rumble, so we had to get down quickly. Glenn has been enjoying his pool. He wore his goggles while in the pool this weekend, goofy boy!
Photobucket

For the 4th, we went to the soccer fields in our community for some free fun: bounce houses, an inflatable water slide (below), snow cones, pop corn and music. They also had clowns making balloon animals and face painting, but Glenn is afraid of clowns, so we didn't partake in those things. Then we had our neighbors over for a BBQ. In the evening, we sat in our driveway and watched the neighbors shoot off fireworks. Who needs to buy them when you can watch everyone else? Okay, I did get Glenn some snaps that you throw on the ground, and he did enjoy that. I knew he'd be afraid to hold sparklers, so I didn't even bother buying any. Today, we went to church, celebrated Alexander's birthday, and napped. It was a relaxing day!
Photobucket

I have quite a few sunflowers around our back yard. I told my dad I'd take a picture for him since they all came out after he left.
Photobucket

No comments: