Tuesday, July 7, 2009

We had some friends over for a birthday party play date. They were only here for about an hour, which was enough with really little kids. There were 8 kids (which includes my two). They played inside, and then we went out on the lanai and I had our bubble machine going. They loved that! Then we had cupcakes. Here's a picture of Alexander in a gift bag:
Photobucket

I had an appointment with my nephrologist yesterday. My creatinine is at the upper limit of normal. I haven't had a procrit shot since October because I'm staying just above the levels where my insurance company will pay for the shot. So, I'm still anemic, but not very low. My kidney disease is just really quiet right now and it might have been because of my pregnancy. It may have adjusted my immune system, so all is good for right now. I still have problems with my uric acid, and I just finally weaned Alexander so that I can go back on medication. Then I can eat meat again. Yay! Bob will be so happy. It'll still be about 6 weeks before I can though because just going on the medication can make my body go crazy and I could get gout (which is crystals accumulating in a joint and is very painful, so I'm told), so I still have to be careful with what I eat until then. But surprisingly, my uric acid level was just slightly above normal, which is due to my diet and because my kidney disease is better.

So, good news. And we're having a fun week celebrating Alexander's birthday. They year has literally flown by. Tomorrow is his actual birthday.

No comments: