We went to Nebraska to visit my grandmother and uncles. My Uncle Gale, who lives in WA, flew out to meet us there and my other Uncle Byron lives in NE just down the road from my grandmother. We always enjoy the visit. Bob couldn't go because he's busy with work, but my parents traveled with the boys and I. I got my grandmother's famous recipe for Danish pastry. I tried making some this weekend. It was fun and tasty. I enjoyed discussing how to make it with my grandmother. She enjoyed it, too.
While in NE, we went to Cody park, which has a diesel engine and steam engine and cars. I got some great photos on the trains.












This was at Cody park.

There's shack behind my grandmother's house. I got some cute pics of the boys on the steps. They are holding some dandelions.






We also went walking around the farm and found some sunflowers. We picked some for Grammy (what the boys call my grandmother).




And now we are back home. We went to the pool a couple times this week and Glenn is finally starting to swim underwater by himself. Next year we'll put him back in swim lessons. Alexander will, too. He loves the water. We did all our school shopping and Glenn got to meet his teacher and see his new classroom on Friday. He didn't want to leave the classroom. I finally convinced him to leave by saying he'll get to spend all day there on Monday. I'll have more pictures of that this week. And the other news is Alexander is very interested in potty training. I'm not ready, but he is, so wish us luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment