Sunday, July 10, 2011

Alexander's 3rd Birthday

Alexander had a wonderful third birthday. Here's the Toy Story Choo-Choo cake he wanted me to make:
Photobucket

Alexander wanted to wear his birthday crown as soon as he woke up:
Photobucket
I had decorated the walls with Toy Story characters, which added to the party atmosphere. Then I put them in his room after his birthday party.

Here, he's waiting for Daddy to get out of bed so he could open his presents from us:
Photobucket

Opening his Toy Story Woody doll:
Photobucket

About 45 minutes before his party, I noticed something wrong with his cake:
Photobucket

I was so upset! When I went to get him from time out, I asked him why he was in time out. He said, "because I ate the wheels!" Bob had to go to Publix and quickly get a cake.

Here are our party guests (notice Glenn's tough guy pose):
Photobucket

We played some games. I showed them pictures of the Toy Story characters, and they had to find them on the walls of the house. They played Shrek bowling (because that's what we had), and got Toy Story tattoos:
Photobucket

We borrowed a couple of pools from our friends and set up the bounce house, and they had a lot of fun, until it started pouring rain. But they got a good amount of time outside:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After everyone got changed, we had lunch:
Photobucket
Photobucket

We played a bit and then it was time for cake:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And then it was time for presents:
Photobucket
Photobucket

After the party, we went to a little boutique toy store. Alexander was so tired, he fell asleep on the way there. He woke up quickly once he saw where we were. Glenn and Alexander played with toys and each got a toy. The owner even gave him a train set for his birthday. Then we went to a cupcakery (a bakery that only makes cupcakes). They were delicious. They played with Alexander's new toys all over the house (so much for the clean house from the party). Then we went to Alexander's favorite restaurant, Chick-fil-A. For you northerners who don't know what Chick-fil-A is, they only serve chicken and they have an indoor play area that is sound proofed, but with glass, so the parents can see their children, but not hear them. Nice! :) On Saturday (the day after his birthday), we went to see Cars 2. That's the first movie in a theater that Alexander has sat through. He wasn't sure at first, sitting with his hands over his ears. But then he grew to love it. We brought his sleep friends to cuddle, which I think helped.

So, it was a wonderful birthday. He and Glenn are loving all these new toys and games to play with.

No comments: