Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!

We have had a fun week, especially since Glenn has already been off from school for a whole week. We did a lot of crafts and went to the park many days. We went to the library, and Glenn has fallen for Madeline books. He was so excited to find a complete collection of all her books within one book. He can even read them, so that makes it more exciting. He reads them to his brother, which is so cute!

Tonight, we went to church and the boys loved that there was a bell choir. Glenn was completely mesmerized by the candles during Silent Night. After church, we went to the town square. They actually had a church service going on in the square, which I though was really nice. We got to hear Christian Christmas carols the whole time we were there. The square is lit up really beautifully. And there's also a ferris wheel that they bring out just for this time of year. So, we went on that and could see all the lights from above while hearing Christmas carols. They also have horse drawn carriages with Christmas lights pulling people around the square. Alexander especially loved the horses. It got a little chilly at the top of the ferris wheel (I know, I shouldn't complain as it was in the upper sixties, but it was really windy up there and I was wearing what I wore to church). While we were in line, Alexander kept saying he was so excited, but he said it quietly. And during the ride, he said he was so happy he was big enough to go on it. Glenn was very excited the whole time on the ride. I think he talked non-stop the whole time. It really was a beautiful night!

Now the boys are in bed, the presents are under the tree, and I think it's time I go to bed, too. Our picture from just before we left for church is below. Merry Christmas!!!

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: