Tuesday, December 13, 2011

More Pictures of Our New Home

I know many of you have been asking for pictures. So, here they are. Of course we are not done getting it just how we want, but it will take time.

Here is our foyer. I'm excited to have a coat closet (not a common thing in FL).
 


When you come in the front doors, you walk into the living room. But the breakfast bar looking into the kitchen is directly in front of you (cute boy included).
 


Here's a view of the kitchen from the living room.
 


Here is the inside of the kitchen. It's not a big kitchen, but I love cooking in it because everything is within two steps. I find that I am much quicker cooking without and island to walk around. And I love the granite counters and appliances. The sink is huge! I've never heard of a black sink, but it's really pretty.
 


Off the kitchen (to the left) is the kitchen nook, which is currently our Christmas tree nook. There are two windows there that look into the Florida Room.
 


Back to when you enter the front doors, off to the left is the dining area. I really don't like the gold window treatments. So, eventually they will be coming down and be replaced by drapes. There is another window to the left of the one you see here that looks onto the front porch.
 


Here is the view of the family room from the foyer. All our paintings and other large wall decor are still at Bob's office. I have been begging him to bring them home so we can get them up on the walls.
 


...and another view of the fireplace. The double doors to the right go into the Florida room.
 


If you pass the kitchen and nook, you will go into the boys' wing of the house. On one side is Alexander's room. Yes, he has almost all his stuffed animals, including the huge horse, in bed with him. Eventually, Bob wants to close off the bottom to make a little club house for him.
 


Here's another view of Alexander's room. There are even more toys in the closet. We put all the toys in his room since it's a little bigger, so it's the play room, too. We will eventually get him an area rug because those floors are hard.
 


The boys' bathroom is between their rooms.
 


Here's Glenn's room. He doesn't have his big cat painting up, yet (still at Daddy's office).
 


Glenn calls this part of his room his office (just like Mommy and Daddy have an office). The double doors go out to the Florida room, but we needed more wall space, so we put the desk there. Don't worry, he still has another door.
 


This is the Florida room. On the left is a little wet bar. On the right closest to where I'm standing, you see a door. That goes out to the pool.
 


Here's the other side of the Florida room. Our TV that we had in the living room in Orange Park didn't make the move so well. It turns itself off when in cable mode. But it still works in DVD mode, so the boys are using this TV to play Wii and watch movies (lucky them). Of course you notice Bob already bought a new TV for the living room.
 


Passed the dining and living areas is the Master bedroom. This is all I can show you because the other side is still messy. :) And we have a beautiful walk-in closet with organizers on three sides. But I can't show you that because it's Christmas present central right now and I haven't wrapped any presents.
 


To the left of the last view is the master bath. Here's the tub area.
 


Shower
 


And we love our vanity! We all had to try out the sinks when we first looked at the house.
 


It's a little strange to have a closet in the bathroom like this, but I'm happy for the extra storage. There are also some shelves that I use as the linen closet.
 


Off our bedroom is our office. We have divided it up into two sections: the office and the man cave. But I can't show you that room yet, because it's a disaster. I will post some outside pictures later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: