Saturday, October 13, 2012

All Sorts of Excitement

We've had quite the excitement this week. Glenn made a boat with his daddy last weekend and had the Rain Gutter Regatta for Cub Scouts on Monday. 


Glenn's boat came in second for his den (all 2nd graders, and only three came). So, he got a ribbon for his uniform. It is the red, white and blue ribbon with a white sail boat attached to it. Doesn't he look so proud?
 
Posted by Picasa

We have been walking to pick up Glenn at school this week. I found out from one of our neighbors that there is a narrow road that goes to the back of the school property. It is 1.1 miles one way. Alexander has to go both ways, of course, and has been a bit stubborn at times. He'd rather explore. But he's doing better. We took Cubby for a walk with us once, and Cubby actually pulls Alexander along. Glenn loves our walks home. He holds my hand and just talks to me the whole way. 

Alexander and Glenn tried riding their bikes without training wheels today. Glenn had done it when we were in Orange Park. But his bike was on the rental truck for so long that he forgot how. So, finally it was cooler today and we could try. Glenn lacks a bit of confidence, and never has been very athletic, but he made a little progress today. And Alexander wanted to try (he has been asking me all week since we read about Franklin the turtle learning to ride his bike). We tried once before supper and he was really getting the hang of it. We went again after supper and he's got it. I could barely keep up. He needs help getting started, but he's learned to stop on his own. He's just so athletic, while Glenn's my thinker. Alexander was kicking the soccer ball around at a year old, and you may remember that he climbed out of his crib shortly after he turned one. He's also had really good balance. So, I wasn't surprised that he could ride his bike at just 4 year old. But I was surprised that he learned in one day. He's very proud of himself. He laughs constantly while he's riding or says, "I'm doing it!" over and over. He's so adorable! He'll be getting a bigger bike for Christmas because his current bike has 12 inch tires. 

And lastly, I wanted to let you all know I am doing the Walk 4 Life the first Saturday in November. It will benefit the Women's Pregnancy Center of Ocala. They counsel pregnant women and show they all their options and try to persuade them away from abortion. They also have other programs including ultrasounds, parenting classes and adoption support groups and aide. I know a woman who has been counseling at the center for years. I also know a little boy who's mother went there for counseling and gave him up for adoption to my friend who could not have any children. She can still go back for counseling whenever she feels she needs it. They do wonderful things at the Women's Pregnancy Center, far beyond pregnancy. If you would like to sponsor me, you may do so at the following link or just let me know and I can put you on a pledge form, and you will receive a bill for the pledge amount. Thank you for your consideration:

No comments: