Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Little Cub Scout and a Great Meal

Glenn wore his Cub Scout uniform for the first time last night. He was very serious with his salute.
I found how to make baked tortilla bowls in the Food Network Magazine. The boys loved eating their chicken Mexican salad out of their bowls. They also liked adding all the toppings and I've never seen them eat so much salad. I think we have a keeper!

To make the tortilla bowls, preheat the oven to 425. Cover a ceramic mug (or can with label removed or small oven safe bowl) with foil. Spray foil with vegetable oil spray. Mix one table spoon of olive oil with water in a shallow bowl or plate (I used one of my dinner plates). Soak a tortilla in the water/oil mixture for 5 seconds. Then drape the tortilla over the foil and shape a bit making pleats.  Bake for five minutes! So easy!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: