We had spring break last week. We went camping in our pop-up camper for the weekend beginning spring break (and my birthday weekend). It was up in Mayo, FL on the Suwanee River (about 2 hours NW of us). It was a nice campground, but we had bad weather. The first night was fine, but it rained most of the next day and night. We ended up going to the lodge a couple of times because of severe weather. But they had board games, which helped us pass the time. We did get a nice walk in along the river before the storm came.
Then we spent the week in Daytona Beach with Bob's parents and uncle. We had a relaxing time. Unfortunately, it was chilly and very windy the whole week. We did go up to St. Augustine for the day mid-week. The boys played mini-golf every day.
We got home the day before Easter. Who needs the Easter bunny when I have these cute Easter boys?
So, I have not posted on here about my new jobs. I actually have a couple. I'm still doing some work with Bob in the office. But I am going to begin developing an online course in epidemiology (the study of the spread and control of diseases) for my old boss at the University of CT. Once we have developed the course, I will begin teaching it. We should have it complete by the end of the summer.
I am also a "jewelry lady!" I was making some jewelry and was going to begin selling it. But then I went to a Premier Designs home show, and fell in love with their jewelry. I also found that the compensation as a jeweler was amazing. So, I signed up last month and have my training show next week. I've very excited and have already received so many compliments when I wear my jewelry samples. This will also get me out of the house and have fun while I'm making money. Yes, I get out when I go to work at the office, but I'm the only female, so I'm not really socially engaged there. And doing online courses is great for a work-at-home mom, but it's not so good for the social aspect of my life. I have already met a couple times with the other ladies in my area that sell Premier jewelry, and they are a great bunch of ladies. We get together once a month for training and fellowship.
To go along with my new jobs, I got a new haircut. I have been progressively getting shorter cuts. Bob liked my hair shorter, so I really got it chopped today. Bob even likes it straight better than curly, which is the first time he's said that. It's fun to play with my new hairstyle.

No comments:
Post a Comment