Friday, April 12, 2013

My Training Show

I finally had my training show last night as an independent jeweler for Premier Designs jewelry. My sponsor actually did the show, and I prepped everything and showed my own samples. It was an exciting night. I had 15 ladies here, who I thanked so much for supporting my new business. They had fun and I even got to know a few of my neighbors some more. With their support, I was able to get 13 new pieces to add to my samples to show at shows. I already have three firm shows booked and several in the works. Next Friday will be my first real show where I am all on my own. Who would have thought that I would be excited about getting in front of a bunch of people to talk? But I really am! And this job is really a blessing. Bob has three crowns (don't tell him I shared that) that he needs to get and other things always pop up. This will help so much, and I get to have fun while doing it!

Even more of a blessing is how I feel God working through me. I have two friends who are really in need of extra money. And now they are considering selling, too. If they do decide to become jewelers, I will become their sponsor and help them become successful. I didn't really get into this to help other people, but as I have been learning, it's not all about me. :) God has his own plan for me and if he wants me to help these friends, I am willing. I am just blown away at how great this group of jewelers are. Now only are they so supportive of each other, but God is important in all of their lives. I think living in the south also adds to this. It seems everyone I meet is religious. I guess that's why the south is also considered the Bible belt.

Well, that's my excitement  Glenn also shared some excitement today. He is, yet again, student of the month. This is the third time this year. He was already student of the month for his regular class twice. The P.E. teach apparently also chooses a student of the month and she chose Glenn for March for the characteristics of trustworthiness and honesty. I'm so proud of him. He is so eager to please his teachers (except when it comes to writing) and they enjoy him so much. I had a conference with his teachers earlier this week, and they really do love him. It's so good to hear that his has continued to be used as the example for the class. And he's always so modest about it. He didn't even want to tell Bob, because he knew we'd gush over him.

Alexander is his usual goofy self. He admitted to urinating on the trash can this week after I found it wet and smelly when cleaning. I couldn't get mad since all little boys need to try aiming at things other than the toilet. Hopefully that's the end of that, though.

I know you all love pictures, so here's a picture of the boys in a super bubbly bath. Glenn has quite an impressive bubble hat!


No comments: