We've got germs! Alexander was coughing last weekend, but was fine. Glenn started coughing on Monday. By Wednesday, he had really long coughing spells. So, I brought him to the doctor. She was afraid he was starting walking pneumonia, plus he had an ear infection. That night, I really felt off. Woke up on Thursday with a full-blown cold. And Friday, thankfully I had an appointment with my nephrologist. I had a sinus infection and an ear infection. I'm sure it happened so fast because of my last sinus infection and this bug seems to work extremely fast. So, anyway, I'm losing my voice again for the third time this fall!!! Bob had to drive up to Alabama (they have a route up there now, expanding the business)! He was afraid to come home to the house of germs. He came home anyway.
We had a productive day. He worked on the irrigation in our "flower beds" in front (some day they will have flowers). I painted the siding he had replaced last week, put up Christmas lights with Alexander's help, and our reindeer for the lawn. Of course a third of the lights don't work on both deer, but we got them cheap. Bob got both of their heads to move (one goes up and down like it's eating, and the other is the stag looking side to side). I have more lights I might try to weave on them.
Tomorrow, after church, we're going to dip stuff in chocolate. We'll melt the chocolate and dip three kinds of cookies, pretzels, and I'm sure we'll find something else. Then we'll let the chocolate harden. That's the hardest part: waiting!
The boys have been playing Christmas. They take turns being "santa" while the other pretends to sleep. They fill up their stockings and then when "santa" is done, he goes up to the one sleeping yelling, "Santa's been here! Santa's been here." It's very cute. Alexander asks every day if I can put a present under the tree for him and one for Glenn so they can open it the next morning. Again, waiting is the hardest part! Alexander also enjoys wrapping up anything in a box, putting a ton of tape on it, put it outside the front door, and ring the door bell. Then he yells, "Delivery!" I got two boxes of my pens and highlighters, yesterday. He tricked his brother once into thinking he had a real delivery. Boy, was he disappointed when it was his stuffed animals he already owned!
We made a gingerbread mansion this week. Yes, a mansion! That's what it said on the kit. It fell down twice while trying to let it dry because the back side of the roof was broken when we opened the kit. It supports the front roof. But we finally got it to stay. The windows and door are made of fondant, which was in the kit, too. Here's the picture. Alexander wouldn't stop twirling, so he didn't get to be in the picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment