Friday, August 22, 2008
People have been asking how we are weathering tropical storm Fay. We're wet, but that's about it. I could hear the wind picking up last night, but I don't see any trees down around us. Our neighbor's tree is at quite an angle, but still in the ground. The wind gusts are supposed to settle down a bit some time this afternoon, but the rain is supposed to continue into early tomorrow. Glenn's school is closed again today because they are using some of the schools in our county as shelters if needed. Glenn's very confused as to why he can't go to school. I don't want to tell him because it's raining because then he'll think that every time it rains he should stay home. Yesterday, he packed up his old backpack with some "school supplies" including a snack for school, and carried his backpack around most of the day. This morning he's sad. I asked him why he was sad and he said he misses his friend who sits next to him in school. He also doesn't understand why he can't go outside. Apparently the rain doesn't phase him. We did a lot of painting, coloring and playing with stickers yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment