I have been chasing Alex all over the house. Okay, not too far. But we still need to do a little baby proofing, so there are things I have to keep him away from. I think he'd like to army crawl down to Bob's office from the living room, but thinks it's too far. He gets over to the hallway and stares down it, but doesn't actually crawl down it, yet. Yesterday, while on his tummy, he would push up onto his hands and toes. It looked very funny. He's getting pretty strong. And this morning, he opened the drawer in the TV cabinet and pulled himself up to his knees. I wasn't expecting that to happen soon. Luckily I got to him before the drawer closed onto his fingers. He really amazes us. It's fun watching him do new things.
I forgot to mention that we went to the geneticist last week for Glenn. She's very happy with how he's doing. He doesn't have any fibromas (bumps on his skin that are on the nerves) but those don't usually come until adolescences, and usually in inconspicuous areas. She did say that she'd like to see more muscle tone on his back to help keep his spine straight. Kids with NF1 tend to get an abnormal curve in their spine because they don't have enough muscle tone to keep it where it's supposed to be. She said swimming is a good way to help that, and we were actually planning on getting him into swim lessons this summer. She also checked Alex and said that since he doesn't have any of the cafe-au-lait spots by now(light brown spots on the skin that are a tell tale sign of NF1) then she's pretty sure he doesn't have it. That's what we figured, but it's nice to hear it from a geneticist.
I hear Alex talking in his crib, so I better get him up. Have a great weekend everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment