Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Glenn had such a fun day at school today. A leprechaun left a mess in his classroom. There was glitter everywhere, chocolate coins hidden around the room, Lucky Charms for snack, and "green pee" in the toilet. Then they wore their green clover hats to be leprechauns and paraded around the school and sang songs to their principal. He wore his hat until it was time for a nap (which he actually took today). One of my friends makes leprechaun traps with her son (who's a little older than Glenn) and puts notes in them like, "Hee, hee, you can't catch me" in them. He leaves Lucy charms all over the kitchen, opens the kitchen cabinet doors, "green pee" in the toilet, and other crazy stuff. I think we'll have to try that next year.

I can't stand solicitors who come banging on the door. One guy came twice today. I didn't open the door. Last time someone came to our, I called the police. It's against the law in our county and they encourage us to call the police. Anyway, this guy came at 7:45 tonight, and it woke Alex. Now he's been crying for 45 minutes. He can't fall back to sleep.

He's really tired because he had a rough night last night. He threw up twice. I'm just happy Bob was home to help clean the crib while I cleaned Alex. Thankfully, he didn't throw up all night. Poor kid had it in his hair and was just covered. It was very gross, saw all of his dinner. He acted himself today, but took longer naps. And of course Alex's crying is keeping Glenn awake, so he'll be tired at school tomorrow (but maybe he'll take another nap tomorrow, too).

No comments: