Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Birthday Trip

We went to Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot for my birthday this past Sunday and Monday. It was a bit chilly on Sunday at Hollywood Studios. We lost Glenn in the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids playground. They had too many people in there and Bob put him at the top of the slide and went to the bottom. Well, he never came out. He must have decided not to go down the slide and went somewhere else. My heart was pounding, but we found him in the same area where Bob had last seen him. There are way too many places for kids to hide in there. Speaking of scary, Glenn saw the Tower of Terror and heard the people screaming. He really wanted to go on it. So, he and Bob waited about an hour and a half in line and he loved it. I was really surprised. I thought he would come out with tears down his face. He's really a dare devil. He wanted to go on it again, so I know he loved it.

Epcot just started their International Flower and Garden Show this past week. So, it was fun to see different things at Epcot. There were topiaries of Disney characters all over the park. There was also a butterfly tent (Glenn loved that), special gardens, and play-scapes around the park. Glenn enjoyed trying out all the play-scapes. I think they should keep them up year round because it gives little kids more to do there. At one point, we were walking along and suddenly a bird flew right in front of us. His buddy decided he wanted to follow and apparently decided to take the same bath as the first bird, only we had walked a couple of step by then and he flew hitting Bob's head! It wasn't head on collision, but it did clip Bob's head.

Here's a slideshow of our trip:

No comments: