Last time I posted, Alexander was sick. Well, it appears he has the same virus again. It was just a cold virus, but causes high fevers in him. Last time, it took 6 days for it to go away. Hopefully it won't take that long this time. Here he is cuddling with Daddy (Bob asked me to crop him out).
My garden is doing really well. I built the squares and I had put pavers around them, too. However, Bob decided to redo it. It really does look better. The first square has several herbs, Swiss chard, celery and strawberries; it has a chive border. The middle square has tomatoes (three species), kohlrabi, banana peppers, and spinach; it has a small flower border. The final square has seedless cucumbers that will grow up a trelis to save space, green bush beans, eggplant, zuchinni, and pattypan squash; it has a marigold border.
Everything is growing well, except the spinach. After I planted it, I learned I should have waited until fall; all salad greens grow better in the fall here. I'm excited to have a year round garden. I'll be growing salad greens, potatoes, broccoli, cauliflour and anything else I find grows well in the fall. Here's another view of the garden.
I had to put in this cute picture of Cubby. He takes over his brother's bed whenever he can. We have a nickname for him, Cubby the Destroyer. He is a chewer. We have a ton of toys for him to chew, but he has found that puzzle pieces, ottomons and paper are much tastier.
Alexander loves to get into London's bed and pet Cubby on his lap.
I also have some work related news. I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed teaching two sections of a course, working three mornings a week at Bob's office, and the regular mom running around. It will definitely be a little easier once Alexander's in kindergarden and at the same school as Glenn, but that won't happen until fall of 2013 (and I don't want my baby to grow up that fast). So, I had told my boss that I would like to just do one section of the course at a time (one section has 30 students). I had also told her about my summer plans and had asked for her advice. She promised to give me a section when I'm ready to come back if I wanted to take a couple months off. So, after much though, I decided to do it. So, I will have all of June and July off. Although, Bob pointed out as I was telling my mother this news that I wasn't getting any time off from my other job (in his office). Thanks, Honey! But I'll actually get to enjoy the boys being home instead of trying to do work while they are playing. I will also be able to enjoy our trip to the Virginia mountains (which includes a day trip to Washington DC) and our cruise with Bob's family.
I also have some work related news. I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed teaching two sections of a course, working three mornings a week at Bob's office, and the regular mom running around. It will definitely be a little easier once Alexander's in kindergarden and at the same school as Glenn, but that won't happen until fall of 2013 (and I don't want my baby to grow up that fast). So, I had told my boss that I would like to just do one section of the course at a time (one section has 30 students). I had also told her about my summer plans and had asked for her advice. She promised to give me a section when I'm ready to come back if I wanted to take a couple months off. So, after much though, I decided to do it. So, I will have all of June and July off. Although, Bob pointed out as I was telling my mother this news that I wasn't getting any time off from my other job (in his office). Thanks, Honey! But I'll actually get to enjoy the boys being home instead of trying to do work while they are playing. I will also be able to enjoy our trip to the Virginia mountains (which includes a day trip to Washington DC) and our cruise with Bob's family.

No comments:
Post a Comment