Now for the continuation of our vacation. The reason why it is broken up is because the software I use to make my blog posts when I have pictures only allows so many pictures per post. I also discovered how to add captions to the photos when I'm choosing which pictures I want for my post. So, you'll notice a slightly different format. The description of each photo is below the photo rather than before it.
 |
| Our third port was Curacao. They had a pathway from the port to shopping and restaurants. We went shopping during the day and then went out for a drink with Bob's family in the evening. |
 |
| There were a couple of oil refineries on the island (you can see the flame above from one of them). I enjoyed the architechture. |
 |
| To get to more shopping, you needed to either go across a foot bridge or take a ferry. You can see the footbridge on the right side of the picture above. It would only span the river for a short time. The piers are on what look like boats, and the whole bridge moves to one side to let boats through. |
 |
| Bob on top of a fort. |
 |
| A eucalyptus tree |
 |
| Boats on the river. |
 |
| Bob on the fort. |
 |
| A view of our ship and the ocean from the fort. |
 |
| Alexander has a flashlight, looking for clues in Nanny and Poppy's room. You can kind of see a shark tatoo on his right forearm. He got a spray tatoo (now gone). |
 |
| Towel Rabbit |
 |
| Our forth and final port was Aruba. We really enjoyed this port. We spent the morning at a beautiful beach called Eagle Beach. The white sand was so fine that it was almost like mud. There were chunks of coral that had been tumbled in the surf, so I brought a chunk of it home. There were umbrellas made of palm fronds to sit under. And there were a lot of water sports. Bob took the boys on a jet ski (or, motor cycle boat, as the boys called it). After about 15 minutes, they had enough wind. But they really did enjoy it. I didn't bring my camera to this beach, and I'm kicking myself. But Bob's sister, Kathy got pictures, so I'll have to get some from her. In the afternoon, we put the boys in Camp Carnival and strolled the streets. In the picture above, you can see the colorful structures where locals sold their wares. We enjoyed looking at these more than actual shops. We found some more on another street. |
 |
| The beautiful colors of Aruba! |
 |
| View of the ocean from our ship while docked in Aruba. |
 |
| Elephant towel |
 |
| We had a relaxing day at sea on Friday. That evening was another elegant dress evening. |
 |
| The boys with their cousin, Kat. |
 |
| Alexander with Nanny and Poppy, enjoying his umbrellas. Bob's Uncle Jack is on the right. |
 |
| We had a beautiful view out the back (or "aft") of the ship from our dining room table, where we ate each night. Bob and I switched each night so we could take turns sitting near the window. Alexander is sitting just at the end of the the table where there was a little window seat. |
No comments:
Post a Comment