Monday, May 25, 2009

It has been a very busy weekend. But before I get to the weekend happenings, I have to back up to last Wednesday. I was sitting on the couch with my toes hanging off the coffee table when Glenn sat on my legs. At first it was okay, then suddenly it wasn't okay. My foot really hurt. So, Thursday I saw my doctor and she sent me for an x-ray. Thankfully it wasn't broken. But she thinks I have a bone bruise. It's slowly getting better, but I wasn't able to walk in the Relay for Life. I basically took care of our fund-raising- we sold food and since we were Team Hogwarts (from Harry Potter), we had the sorting hat, which figured out which house the kids would live in if they went to school at Hogwarts. It was cute. Overall, our team of 6 women made over $1700 between donations and our fund-raising at the event. Our community's Relay made over $30,000. Thank you again to everyone who donated. I was so tired when I got home around noon on Saturday. I did come home for a few hours because Alexander needed me to feed him. So, I got a couple of hours of sleep. Then I slept most of Saturday afternoon. Yesterday, I slept more after going to church.

Today, we went to the beach. It was the first day of no rain for a week (well, it's raining now at 8:15, but at least it didn't rain during the day). It was also Alexander's first time at the beach. I was a good mom and brought the camera. Both boys loved the sand and water. Glenn was a little fish and loved jumping in the waves. Alexander took to the sand a little slowly. But eventually he was licking it off the water bottle and putting fist fulls of sand in the mouth. This of course drove me crazy! We brought his little sun tent, but he just tried to roll it over- no napping, everything was too exciting. Who can blame him?

Here's Alexander checking out the sand for the first time.
Photobucket

Glenn playing in the sand:
Photobucket

The boys playing with each other:
Photobucket

When crawling in the sand, he didn't really like it on his knees, so he'd crawl with his butt in the air so his knees stayed off the sand. He also does this when crawling in the grass:
Photobucket

Alexander covered in sand:
Photobucket

We stayed there for about 2 1/2 hours. When we came home, we cleaned up, ate and slept the rest of the afternoon. I'm still finding sand everywhere. I like being at the beach, just not the sandy part. :) Back to the school routine tomorrow.

No comments: