Alexander has been standing for up to 5 seconds. I think he realizes he's actually standing by himself now. Whereas before, he would stand for a couple seconds if he was near something, but I don't think he knew he was standing unsupported. So, I'll bet that before his birthday, he'll be walking. He also likes to hold on to his push toy and walk with it. As someone else put it, it looks like he's walking with a walker because he'll push it then take a few steps and pushing again. Although, sometimes he will walk while pushing it. He still does not want to walk if we're holding his hands. He looks too little to be walking. Glenn was a late walker (16 months old), so it seems strange to think that this little baby might be walking soon. He is also becoming a climber. He can climb into one of Glenn's little chairs and has been trying to climb on the leggo table (it's a little to high, but he's getting close).
Alexander has had a red ring around his leg from his socks for a week. This happened before and the ring lasted 2 weeks. Since the socks are from when Glenn was a baby, the elastic could be touching his skin a bit. I talked with the pediatrician's office today. They said that there is probably latex in the elastic and that we could check the packaging at the store. But the socks are so old, I don't know if they make them the same anymore. But she said that if we think he might have a latex allergy, then we should just assume he does. So, whenever he gets medical care, we have to let them know he has a latex allergy.
Glenn is sporting a watch these days. It's a potty watch that sets off an alarm and vibrates at set intervals to remind him to go to the potty. It worked really well the first day, but since then, he tends to put it behind his back when it's going off so others around him won't know it's going off. Of course we can hear it and send him off to the potty. He's been doing a lot better, staying dry between times that we send him, but he just won't go on his own. It's been frustrating. But the doctors told me that he'll just get it one day. He's already staying dry through the night. And actually 2 nights ago, he got up and went by himself. I went to wake him up in the morning and he didn't have a diaper on since he had taken it off in the middle of the night. That's progress.
We have been saving on diapers, though. He uses reusable pull-ups at school or when we go out and is in underwear at home. So, he only wears diapers at night, which I'm tempted to stop since he's doing so well at night. Alexander is in cloth diapers except when we go away on vacation somewhere or are going to be gone all day. It's nice not having to buy diapers all the time- they are expensive. And I just sold Alexander's old cloth diapers for more than half the price of what I bought them for. Now he's in a size that he should be able to wear until he's potty trained. It's also nice to know that we're not adding mountains of diapers to the landfill.
No comments:
Post a Comment