Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We are in the midst of a marathon doctor/dentist visit week for the boys. They have 4 appts - one was just added today because Glenn has a cavity :( and he'll be getting impressions done so that he can get his kiddie-partial for his two front teeth that fell out to help with his speech. The dentist also said that a third tooth is loose. I'm not happy to hear about that. This is all because he got kicked in the mouth when he was at school over a year ago. I'll be happy when this week is over, although sad because that will mean Glenn will only have one more week of summer left. We start school on Aug 24th.

Glenn has learned a new trick. He's learned how to force himself to burp! Yeah, great! He even said his first burp word last week. At first it was funny, until I realized that he was forcing himself to burp. So, now I just matter-of-factly tell him to say excuse me, and then ignore him. He has also been telling me that he's dirty all the time because he wants to take a bath. Alexander got some new bath tub toys for his birthday, and Glenn is thoroughly enjoying them.

Alexander has decided that it's fun to feed the puppies his food. I'm trying to nip that one in the bud right away. But he's so cute when he walks over to them with food in his hand. And he also learned this weekend how to put balls in his toys that have a whole just big enough for the balls to fit in. That takes skill! We're so proud of him. :) He's also learning to climb the furniture. Sometimes he makes it, and sometime he seems to run out of energy. So, I'm teaching him to get down by sliding down on his tummy, feet first. But I still go and get him down anyway. The couch is pretty high up for a little body like his.

No comments: