It's time to divulge our secret. Some of our family already know our secret. We are expecting a baby. I am 11 and a half weeks along and my due date is July 7. We're so excited. I had an ultrasound this morning and the baby is measuring right on target. It was swimming around and waving to me. We'll get to find out the sex of the baby in February, which we'll share. But as we did with Glenn, we won't be sharing possible names because we don't want any outside influence on our decision, plus we tend to change our minds. For a long time during my pregnancy with Glenn, he was going to be named Garret Glenn, but as we got closer, we weren't so sure. We switched the names when he was born.
I'm doing well. I have the usual fatigue and nausea that many women get. I'm hoping that will subside soon as I'm getting close to the 2nd trimester. Because of my medical history with the kidney disease and anemia, I'm considered high risk. So, I have double the doctor's appts to go to since I see a high risk specialist along with my regular OB. Lucky me. When I'm 32 weeks, I'll be going weekly to see the perinatologist (the high risk specialist). Plus they are monitoring me closely with lab tests. My kidneys are actually working better now that I'm pregnant, so everything is going well.
Glenn thinks there is a baby in his tummy, too. He lifts his shirt and says "baby." He thinks Mommy is silly for saying there is a baby in her tummy, but he kisses my tummy anyway and tells the baby goodnight. He was with me at my regular OB appt and heard the heartbeat. He thought that was a pretty cool sound even though he didn't know what it was. At first when we asked him if he wanted a baby brother or sister, he said no, but now he's decided he wants one. I'm just afraid he's going to love the baby too much; we'll have to keep a close eye on him.
I almost forgot, the craziest part of all this is that I had an ultrasound at my first appt, but it was done by a nurse on a really old ultrasound machine (not by a tech). She thought there might be twins. We had to wait 2 and a half weeks to find out if that was true. (avert your eyes if you don't want to hear too much information) It was just a little bleed behind the placenta, which has since been reabsorbed. We were pretty relieved to hear it was just one baby. I was freaking out a bit thinking of taking care of not only twins, but having Glenn to take care of at the same time.
So, we're very excited and can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl. I keep thinking of it as a boy, maybe because we have Glenn. I would be thrilled with either.
2 comments:
Oh how exciting!! Congrats to you guys!!!
Oh my goodness! I guess I haven't read your blog in awhile.
Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!
And I'm happy for us because we get to see you very soon!
Love,
Beth, Matt and Annie
Post a Comment