Thursday, June 4, 2009

Glenn had his last day of school today (all 1 and 1/2 hours). His teachers were fighting back tears at pick-up time. It's sweet to see that they care so much about the kids. But the kids clearly didn't see what the big deal was. Although, last night, I told Glenn that tomorrow was going to be his last day and he needed to say good-bye to his teachers. He said he didn't want to. Then I remembered he doesn't like good-byes. I said, "You don't want to say good-bye?" He shook his head no. I asked him, "Do you want to just say hi instead?" He said yes. I told his teachers that, and they thought it was sweet. When we were leaving, he said that there was no more school. Then he asked about church school. I told him that was over until the end of the summer, too. The poor kid just wants to go to school. On the way home, he said, "No school. No lots of fun." I said that we can have lots of fun at home, can't we. He perked up and said, "Yeah, toys. Good job, Mommy. Give me five!" I guess he thought that I had a good idea.

Alexander can now walk across the living room if he takes his time. He'll stop a few times so he can catch his balance, then continues on. But most of the time he gets excited and wants to get to whatever he sees quickly and tries to run. Then of course he falls pretty quickly. He's been really sore with one of his molars trying to break through. Tonight, I gave him some teething gel and he let me rock him with his head on my shoulder. Ever since he began to crawl, he has not let me rock him. Once he's fed he doesn't want me to hold him anymore. So, although I felt bad for him because he was in pain, I really enjoyed rocking him. I was rocking Glenn today after he fell out of his bed during quiet time (who knows what he was doing in bed that made him fall). It was definitely not like rocking a baby since he's so tall now, but I'll take what I can get. :)

No comments: