Last night was a long night. I have been having contractions since the weekend. But last night after dinner, they got closer together. They really weren't painful, just annoying. After 2 hours of averaging 7 minutes apart, I called my OB's office. They had me drink 4 glasses of water in an hour and lie on my side to see if the contractions were caused by dehydration. I already knew I wasn't dehydrated because I drink a ton of water. But I did it and they got closer together. Bob brought Glenn over to a friend's house (his first sleep over at a friend's house). Then we went to the hospital. We got there just before 10 pm. They had me drink even more water and did some blood tests. But they just kept coming. So, they gave me an injection to slow the contractions. It slowed them, but after 2 hours they picked right up again. So, they gave me another injection and a pill, and that stopped them. At 6:30, after getting only about 1 1/2 hours sleep, they told me I could go home. Of course we had to wait to get checked out, so we didn't get home until about 7:30. Thankfully our friend watched Glenn this morning so we could sleep. Plus, Glenn will nap this afternoon, so I can take another long nap. You can bet I'll be going to bed early tonight.
So, the plan is to wait and see what happens. If the contractions build up again, I'll call the OB, but I don't think they are going to try to stop them anymore. They want me to make it to 36 week, which isn't until Monday. Hopefully I can last that long. In the meantime, I'm supposed to get a lot of rest. So, perhaps my trip to Target yesterday and walk to the park was not a good idea. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment