Monday, November 3, 2008

Disney

We have been away at Disney the past week. I didn't publish any of the posts until now because I don't like posting that we're not home. That just invites trouble. Anyway, I wrote throughout the week about our adventures. So, even though the date of this post says Nov 3, that's just when I started it. I actually posted it on Sunday, November 9.

Monday- We actually got to our resort on Sunday. It's a Hilton resort and we booked it through RCI, using one of our time share weeks. The villas (as they call them) are beautiful and surround a large pond. It has an Italian feel. To help Glenn not be confused when we say we're going back to our room, we call it our vacation home. All the drive here, he kept saying he wanted to go back home. When we got here, he was completely excited and kept saying, "no home, vacation home."

This morning, Glenn woke up at 4:30 and kept saying "castle." I'm not sure where he got the idea about seeing the castle. Someone must have told him at school is all I can think of. Anyway, Glenn couldn't fall back asleep, but did stay in bed and watched TV with Bob. Therefor, Bob didn't fall back asleep, either. When Glenn got up, Alex also got up. He and I didn't get back to sleep until 6, but slept until 8:30. So, there was no going to the park right when it opened. But we did get to Magic Kingdom at probably about 10:30. They have baby care centers at the parks, which are wonderful. Huge clean rooms for changing, another with high chairs if you need to feed a baby, a kitchen to prepare their food, and a quiet room for nursing with a bunch of rocking chairs. So, Alex and I spent some time in there while Glenn and Bob went on rides. Alex's first ride was "It's a Small World" and of course he fell asleep. :) Glenn got to meet Mickey and Minnie. I never thought I'd be a parent standing in a long line to meet a character. But he was so thrilled. I now understand why parents do it. He was just so in awe and nervous when it was his turn. Minnie put her hand out and he went with her. Then he really didn't want to go to Mickey, but when he put his hand out, Glenn took it. It was so sweet. I thought Glenn was going to cry with joy.

It's only 8:00, but I think I need to crash. We didn't come back for a nap. Glenn fell asleep as soon as I finished singing him songs.

Wednesday- Yesterday, we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios (they no longer call it MGM, but we don't know why). We went to the Playhouse Disney show and Glenn was so excited to see his friends he sees on TV. After that, he was pretty much done. He was tired from the day before and grumpy. We didn't do a whole lot after that except walk around. There were a ton of characters he could have had his picture with, but he didn't want to, so we didn't push it. It was very chilly so we went back to our vacation house after lunch. In the evening, we went to Downtown Disney and did some shopping and ate dinner. Today, we went to Epcot. Glenn enjoyed seeing Nemo. The Food and Wine Festival is in it's last week at Epcot. There are little huts all around the lake selling food and wine from cities around the world. We ate our way all around the lake. That was delicious. I think we'll take it easy tonight because it's almost 5:30, and Glenn is still napping.

Thursday- We went to Animal Kingdom in the morning. We got there early enough to go on some rides. Bob even got to go on the Mt. Everest rollercoaster. Glenn and I went on the Kali River Rapids ride. He's just big enough to go on a lot of bigger rides. He loved it and loved getting wet. Then we went to Magic Kingdom in the evening for the Spectromagic light parade. Glenn wasn't quite as enthusiastic about waving at the characters as last year, until he saw Minnie Mouse. We think that's his new favorite character.

Friday- We went back to Magic Kingdom in the morning to go on more rides. While I was feeding Alex and getting coffee, Glenn and Bob went on the large rollercoaster (it's in Frontier Land and is a train- can't remember the name) and he loved it. They went on it 3 times because there wasn't a line. He then went on Splash Mountain (a flume ride) and loved going over the many water falls. I think we have a dare devil on our hands. He went on a few more smaller rides before lunch and then we were beat. We went back to Epcot for dinner. It was very crowded due to it being Friday and the last weekend of the Food and Wine Festival.

Saturday- Bob had planned on going to Epcot with Glenn this morning to go on some of the bigger rides, but decided to work instead, since he's behind from being on vacation. Alex and I slept in until 8:30, which is very late for us. We've just been hanging around today. We'll probably go to the pool once everyone else wakes up from their naps.

Sunday- After dinner last night, Bob brought up the suggestion that we should just go home since all we were going to do in the morning was pack up and go home. So, that's what we did. We got home around 11:00. Glenn was happy to see his puppies. And he said he missed his toys. He's excited to get back to school tomorrow. We had a really great time away. It was nice to be able to spend time with Bob. Even though he works at home, I really don't get to spend time with him. Now we're back to piles of laundry and unpacking, school to get up for early in the morning, and the boys and I each have a doctors appointments this week. Fun! But since we got season passes to Disney, we know we'll be back agian soon. I'll be posting a bunch of pictures soon.

No comments: