I didn't have internet for 3 days. Our DSL modem died. But now I'm back up and running. Alex has begun rolling over. He rolls from his stomach to his back always going to the right. He's done it 5 times in the past few days. Glenn asked to go potty this morning and did poopies on the potty. Woo hoo! We made a big deal of it and when I dropped him off at school, I told his teacher's aide, and all the aides made a big deal of it. So, we'll see if it sinks in. He was pretty proud of himself.
Alex had a couple nights last week where he only woke up once during the night. But then he went right back to getting up every 2 hours. So, we decided to start letting him cry it out. We just got through our 3rd night. It's not easy, but I know he's ready because he's shown us he can sleep most of the night and he can fall asleep on his own. We had a couple times last night where he was up for a while, but he fell back to sleep within 45 minutes- the longest 45 minutes ever when all you want to do is sleep. I feel so bad for him when he's crying but it's teaching him a good skill, besides the fact that I just can't keep getting up every couple hours every night. The last time he woke up this morning, I fed him because it was 5:00. He's been sleeping ever since and it's almost 9:00. That little stinker. He never sleeps this late. He must be tired from all that crying is all I can figure.
We are having a record cold spell. It was 27 degrees when I woke up this morning. The average low for this time of year is 50. And the average low never gets below the 30s any time of year, so this is really cold. I hope our lemons on our lemon tree survive. I've been waiting for that fresh squeezed lemonaid all summer. Our lemons are a little late because all the buds fell off this spring and it had to start over again with new buds. Our banana tree isn't liking this cold, either. And it's too cold for me to walk the boys to school. I'd do it if it were just myself, but the boys are just sitting in the stroller, so it's too cold for them. I had planned on walking to pick up Glenn when it's too cold in the morning to walk, but I'm exhausted by pick up time. Maybe once Alex is sleeping better, then I'll have enough energy to walk in the afternoon.
One good thing about not having internet the past few days is that I got a lot more work done around the house. So, I better turn off the computer and get to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment