Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I have put photos on my website of the totes and purses I am selling:
http://lauriescustomcreations.blogspot.com
Bob came up with the name Laurie's Custom Creations for my little business. I'll be adding pictures of bags as I make them.

Glenn has been showing me how he knows the sounds of some letters. We have a Leap Frog fridge magnet set of letters that has a base that plays a little song for each letter you put in it. To go along with that, our friends gave Glenn a video that goes through all the letters that is also made by the same company (thanks Sintia), so it's the same song. He sings the song and gets many of the sounds correct. I was very excited.

Alex had his 4 month check-up today. He weighs 14.5 lbs, and is 25 inches long. The doctor gave me some suggestions on how to get rid of his cradle cap. And we also discussed how Alex still gets up every couple hours at night. I'm just exhausted and have to take a nap every day. Apparently about 90% of babies can sleep through the night by 4 months. Hmm... where are they finding these babies? Not that I want one, I love mine, but most people I've talked to didn't have their babies sleeping through the night until much later. Anyway, she thinks we can let him cry a little to help him fall asleep on his own. We did the Ferber method (cry-it-out) with Glenn at 7 months and it worked in 3 days. But the book says to wait until 5 months old. So, I let him cry a little, and sometimes he does fall asleep, but not for very long. The idea is to get him to be able to fall asleep by himself when he wakes up in the middle of the night, which we all do. I hope it happens soon, because the nights are very long.

No comments: