Thursday, January 29, 2009
Alex slept through the night last night. He went to sleep at about 6:45 and didn't get up until 6:15. That means I slept through the night for the first time in probably over a year. When I was pregnant, I always woke up to go to the bathroom. I woke up about 10 minutes before Alex did. When I looked at the clock, I paniced. I thought I heard Alex crying and checked the monitor to see if it was on. It was. Then I went to outside Alex's door and didn't hear anything. So, I let him be and went back to bed. It was the rain that I had heard and misinterpretted as crying. The mind can do crazy things. So, then I laid in bed hoping he was okay because he had his immunizations yesterday. But I kept telling myself that that shouldn't have caused any problem because he's had the same set at least 2 times prior. So, I just laid there trying to convince myself to go back to sleep. Then I heard Alex make some noise and I felt much better. Glenn arrived at my door shortly, so Alex must have heard Glenn come out of his room. Of course I'm very excited he slept through the night, but I have to keep reminding myself that one night does not make a pattern. So, this does not mean he'll sleep through the night tonight. But if he does wake in the middle of the night, I know I'll be very disappointed. In the meantime, I'm just happy that I got to sleep through the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment