Friday, January 16, 2009

Making Progress

Alex tried a new food today. He loves nectarines, or at least doesn't spit it out or try to vomit. But he is getting very smart- he'd still rather not eat solid food, so it's a pain to convince him to open his mouth. Anytime the spoon comes near, he clamps his mouth shut. Previously, we had tried rice cereal and sweet potatoes. You'd think I was trying to poison him. He hated them. We'll try them again in a couple of weeks. I'm just happy he'll eat something. He ate a half an ounce at dinner, which is quite a bit for his little tummy.

He also did well sleeping last night. He went to bed around 7:00, woke at midnight, 4:30, and 6:00. I did feed him for 2 minutes after giving him a chance to try to go back to sleep. I was happy he slept for 4 and a half hours after his first waking. Usually it's every 2 or 3 hours after he first wakes up. So, that's progress. And tonight, I'll only feed him for one minute when he won't go back to sleep. Tomorrow night will really be the test as I won't feed him at all.

Not much to tell about Glenn. I don't have as many stories about him when he's in school for half the day and sleeping for usually 2 hours in the afternoon. We are still trying to potty train him. He's pantsless when he's home (and not sleeping). We find he's much less likely to have accidents if he's not wearing anything. Today, he must have gone to the potty 50 times because every time he's actually productive on the potty, he gets a little snack. He would be so frustrated when he couldn't produce anything even though he'd just gone 5 minutes before. We're really frustrated with the whole potty training thing, but hopefully this tactic will help him. When he's wearing a diaper or underwear, he doesn't care if he goes, and is too busy to be bothered with going to the potty.

No comments: