Glenn had his EEG today. Bob took him, and he said Glenn did very well. He stayed very still while the wires were put in his hair and he fell asleep pretty quickly when they were ready for him to. That's because I got him up at 5 am to the detriment of my day (I took a nap when Alex napped this morning or else I wasn't going to make it to lunch). And poor Glenn was so tired tonight that he didn't even want a bath. They left an electrode on his chest, so I had to carefully scrape it off. He had such a long day that he lost it and cried until I got it off. I would have just ripped it off quickly like a bandaid, but I had a bad experience with an electrode when I gave birth to Alex- it took a patch of my skin with it. So, I took my time taking it off him even though he was so upset- but I didn't get any skin, so it was worth it. He fell asleep very quickly tonight.
It was in the teens this morning! My dad emailed me in an attempt to make me feel better by telling me that it was just 2 in CT. I put a hat on Glenn before taking him to school and he asked if he was going to play in the snow and moved his arms like he was making a snow angel. Such a cutie!!! It was definitely cold enough for snow, but the atmosphere has been very dry the past couple days. It's supposed to be in the upper 60s tomorrow. We're looking forward to that.
We're all sick here. It started with runny noses in the boys. Then Bob started not feeling well, and today it was my turn to join the misery. Poor Alex wakes up with snot all over his face because he usually rolls to his tummy while he's sleeping. It was in his hair this morning, too. Yuck!
Glenn made it the whole day today without having an accident (we're talking potty talk here). We were so proud of him. He did wear a diaper to his EEG, but it was dry. It's rarely his idea to go to the bathroom, we keep reminding him to go. Usually he says he doesn't have to go, but we insist. I think he's going to stick with it this time. I've very excited.
Then there's Alex and night time. A friend recommended putting several pacifiers in the crib so that when he wakes up, he can find one and plug his mouth and fall back to sleep. I bought several yesterday and we tried it last night. He was awake still for an hour (even though I fed him half way through the hour), but he didn't wake up until 2:30, which I think is the latest he's ever woken up for the first time during the night. And he wasn't screaming because he had a pacifier in his mouth. It was more of a whine. So, we'll see how it goes.
I think I just wrote a book- I guess we have a lot going on. I think I'll go get ready for bed so I can get to sleep early tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment