Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I had my semiannual visit with my nephrologist today (kidney doctor). I had a good check-up. My creatinine level is stable (shows how much protein waste is in the blood, higher number means that the kidneys aren't filtering out that waste as well)- it was 1 right after giving birth, and is still 1. My uric acid (can cause gout and kidney stones) is kind of high, but that's to be expected since I'm just using diet to keep it low and no medication while I'm still nursing Alex. It was 9 (it's usually 4.5 when I'm medicated). So, it's low enough that I get to continue nursing Alex until he's a year, at which point I'll go back on medication and will be able to eat meat again-Yay!! (sorry Lisa!)

Nights are still tough with Alex. He just can't seem to go to sleep in the middle of the night unless I feed him. Any other time, it's not a problem. I'm completely exhausted because since we've started this sleep training thing, he's up a whole hour in the middle of the night. Two nights ago, once he finally fell asleep, it took me a while to go back to sleep. That just made things worse. He's got to get it soon, or else I won't be able to keep this up.

Bob's nursing his Wii shoulder. But he'll work through the pain. He thinks he'll be more fit on his right side than the left.

Glenn went to school wearing underwear today. I hope he's doing well. He did so well over this long weekend. I think he only had 2 accidents (not counting the night). He's even been staying dry through his nap. So, hopefully he did well enough. I'm not expecting him to be perfect, and neither is his teacher. She suggested once he made it to the toilet 50% of the time to send him in underwear. But I would have felt to guilty. I'm excited to hear how he did.

No comments: